So, I've gone and whined to John (more than once -- right, Honey?) how time-consuming and tedious menu planning and grocery shopping are for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm always really glad when it's done and my pantry's full, and my family knows what's for dinner. But it comes at a cost. And, that's IF I can find time to bite the bullet and do it! Oh, how I wish I could hire a personal chef...
Here were my criteria --
- Please come up with healthy meal ideas for my family.
- Quick, easy recipes. I'm busy.
- Oh, and we're a small family -- so not a lot of servings.
- AND -- I have picky eaters at my house, so no "foofy" food, please.
- Oh -- and I'm a Weight Watchers gal, so I need points figured out.
- Yeah...and I'm not doing the new points system they just came up with, so...could you please do the old point system?
- Oh, and I'll need a prepared shopping list, so I can just take it and go.
- Please organize that shopping list by section, k?
- Um, would it be too much to ask if you tally up the cost of the shopping list before I go, too? I'm a Dave Ramsey girl, too and budgets are big with me.
- Oh, one final thing. I really do like to cook, so you let me do that part and you do all the other tedious work.
- Oh yeah, one more final thing. I don't really want to pay you a big, honkin' salary for doing this.
Yeah, anyone looking at a list like that would say, "See ya, lady!"
But I did find someone that would do ALL of that for me. I was messing around on Dave Ramsey's site and saw link to E-mealz and clicked on it. I looked around and starting hearing angels singing in my head! This is a group who believe in Dave Ramsey principles-- they believe in saving families money and time; truly helping them.
They have specific, prepared lists for anybody. They can be diet specific and use current grocery sales. (be still my heart!) Here are some examples they offer:
- Point-System Meal Plans
- Low-Carb Meal Plans
- Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Couples-Only Meal Plans
- Low Fat Meal Plans
- Gluten-Free Meal Plans
- Kroger Meal Plans
- Publix Meal Plans
- Wal-Mart Meal Plans
- ALDI Meal Plans
- RALPHS Meal Plans
- Any-Store Meal Plans
Healthy, family friendly recipes with sides already figured out. Cost of food tallied. Big family, small family and just couples, whatever -- it's figured out for you. Love it!
John and I have been trying it out this week, and we're in love! The recipes have been great, the pantry's full and dinner's figured out for the week. Not a lot of money, time or effort on my part, and no guilt. I'm a good mom, feeding my family healthy, yummy foods.
The best part? I pay $1.25 a week for this. I put it as part of my grocery budget.
I GOT MY PERSONAL CHEF!!! He works for 1.25 a week! Bwahahaha!
Sorry if I sound like a commercial in this post. We really love this service; it's made our life easier, and I wanted to let you know about it.
I put an E-mealz button in the sidebar if you want to take a look at their website...tell me what you think!
P.S If you decide to sign on, you can find coupon codes on line. :-)