Chocolate Molten Cakes
1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp unwhipped whipping cream
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flour, sifted
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. For the filling, combine 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and whipping cream. I use a double boiler to gently melt the chocolate. (That is a pot of low simmering water not touching a bowl set on top) Remove from heat. Cool, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill for about 45 minutes or until firm.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium heavy saucepan cook and stir the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips and the butter over low heat until melted. Remove from heat; cool.
3. Form filling into 6 equal balls (I did 5 since we had 5 members of our family and it made it even gooey-er) then set aside. Lightly grease and flour 6 (or 5 in my case) ramakins (6 oz custard cups). Place dishes in a 15x10 pan; set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until lemon colored. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture on medium speed. Sift flour and cocoa powder over mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into dishes. Place 1 ball of filling into each dish. Spoon remaining batter into dishes.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 13 minutes or until the cakes feel firm at the edges (it should not be set in the middle). Cool in dishes for 2-3 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from the sides of the dishes. Invert onto dessert plates. You can garnish with powdered sugar and raspberries or with a dollop of whipped cream. This recipe was given to me by BJ L. in my ward, and she is a master of chocolate desserts! I hope you enjoy it!