We tried this recipe this week and really liked it. Think grown-up Rice Krispie treat, chewy, with a taste of coconut... best of all -- if you make them according to the recipe, you're talking two cookies for 1 point. Huzzah! (If you make them a little bigger like I did, count 1 point per cookie. Hey, that's still a good deal...
Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product -- they're already gone! :-)
Coconut Snowball Crisps
makes 3 dozen
3 large egg whites
1 pinch salt
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups crispy rice cereal
1/4 cup cornstarch
1. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 200 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt on medium speed until thick & foamy. Sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar &, once incorporated, beat at high speed until firm and glossy, about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together coconut, rice cereal and cornstarch.
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold into the egg mixture until combined.
4. Drop rounded teaspoons of the mixture about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake until firm and dry to the touch, about 1 hour. Let cool completely. Enjoy!