Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cookie Sundae... Pzookie... Whatever!

Oh yeah. Come to Mama.
.
(sorry. did I say that out loud?)
(ahem!)
.
So, John and Katie and I were all feeling a little sorry for ourselves with the recent snowstorm that hit our neighborhood. (Let's just say we are more than just a little ready for spring to get here.) We needed a little pick-me-up.
.
This takes a smidge of creativity when you're working on a spartan budget, but I was just the woman for the job. :-) I remembered something that took us to our happy place before, at a local restaurant called Pizza Factory. A dessert called "Never on Sundae".
.
It's slightly undercooked cookie dough served in a hot skillet, topped with ice cream and chocolate, etc. I've seen it called Cookie Sundae, Pzookie (pizza+cookie, get it?), Skookie ... I really don't care what you want to call it. It's. Good. And it's just what we needed.
.
Here's how we did it:
.
Scrounged around and found some cute heart shaped baking pans leftover from Valentine's Day. Much cuter that some old skillet -- and hey, it'll keep the portion size down. Then, we made us up some chocolate chip cookie dough, and pressed it into the bottom of the pans.
.
We put the pans in the oven at 350° F, for about 8 minutes. Watch the dough -- you want it to look like this:
.
barely cooked, still ooey-gooey in the center.
.

Ice cream and chocolate on standby... using the lighter versions of each will keep this dessert to about 6 points.
.
Plunk a big scoop of vanilla on top of the cookie dough...
.
.
...and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
.
There you go. Whatever you want to call it, I'm in my happy place right now. Enjoy. ♥

1 comment:

Debbie said...

As Rachel Ray would say, "Yum-O"!!!